Submission of documents/information by identified Pensioner Associations for release of Grant-in-aid during 2018-2019 under Web-based ‘Pensioners’ Portal’ Scheme
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel PG & Pension
Department of Pension & Pensioners Welfare
3rd Floor, Lok Nayak Bhawan
Khan Market, New Delhi-110 003
Dated: 8th June , 2018
President / Secretary
Identified Pensioners Associations
(as per list attached )
Subject: Submission of documents/information by identified Pensioner Associations for release of Grant-in-aid during 2018-2019 under Web-based ‘Pensioners’ Portal’ Scheme.
This Department would be considering the proposal for release of Grant-in-Aid for the financial year 2018-19 to various identified Pensioners’ Associations under the Scheme of Pensioners’ Portal. For this, it is necessary that the Pensioners’ Associations submit a brief on the activities undertaken in the last financial year and also formulate a Work Plan for the current financial year. While formulating the Action Plan it also needs to be ensured that activities under SANKALP are also included in the Work Plan.
2. You are also aware that during 2017-2018 Grant-in-aid was released on the basis of your registration (Unique Identification number) with NITI AAYOG DARPAN PORTAL with Unique ID registration No. with PFMS (EAT) module which was a mandatory requirement to get the grant-in-aid. Further, you had to book the utilization of funds for approved components under the Scheme of GIA through EAT Module under PFMS which is also mandatory requirement. Any expenditure booked otherwise than through EAT module will not qualify for adjustment against the Grant-in-aid sanctioned and released and the Association will be liable to refund such amount to this Department alongwith interest. Moreover, your Association may also not become eligible of for further release of Grant-in-aid for 2018-2019 onwards. In this connection please refer to this Department’s sanction letter for release of Grant-in-aid for the financial year 2017-2018 and also refer to number of e-mails sent to you in the matter.
3. Accordingly, all the Pensioners Associations will have to download/provide a copy of Utilization Certificate and Statement of Accounts through PFMS-EAT module and subsequently audited by CA so as to enable you to get Grant-in-aid for the financial year 2018-2019.
4. You are therefore requested to furnish the following information/documents :
i) Activities undertaken during 2017-2018 with reference to Annual Action Plan 2017-2018 submitted by you in the enclosed proforma (Annexure-I)
ii) Annual work plan for the year 2018-19. While undertaking this exercise, you may include activities which may contribute to overall welfare of the pensioners.
iii) The Work Plan/activities undertaken under “SANKALP’ in pursuance of this Department’s letter No.4/36/2013-P&PW(C) dated 17.09.2014 (copy
iv) The number of Pensioners Grievances registered online on CEPENGRAMS by the Pensioners Association through their login-ID and present status of these Grievances.
v) Total existing memberships of the Association as on 01.04.2018 and no. of members added/deleted during 2017-18 and the present status,
vi) Utilization certificate and statement of accounts for the Grant-in-aid released during 2017-18 downloaded/retrieved from the PFMS-EAT Module and audited the same by CA.
vii) Filled in proforma for furnishing Association Details (Annexure-II)
3. In addition to above, the Pensioners’ Association are also required to submit quarterly progress report in this regard to the department of Pension & Pensioners’ Welfare for perusal.
4. In view of the above, all the identified Pensioners’ Associations are requested to submit the above stated information alongwith requisite documents latest by 30th h July, 2018 positively so as to enable for this Department to release the Grant-in-Aid for the financial year 2018-19 well in time.
Ends: as above
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel,P.G. &Pension
Department of Pension & Pensioner’s Welfare
3rd floor,Lok Nayak Bhawan,
New Delhi, the 17th September,2018
Of All identified Pensioners Associations under Pensioners’ Portal (As per list attached.)
Subject: Registration of pensioners /Pensioners’ Associations under SANKALP — an initiative of DoP&PW to involve pensioners in to meaningful social activities.
Recognizing the fact that a retiring Government employee is very often unprepared to face the fact that he may be without a daily routine and it meaningful existence the day after he retires, the Government is looking for ways to engage the retired employees in meaningful social work.
There are approximately 40,000 fresh retirees every year from the Central Government Civil establishments along. This number could be close so 1,00,000 including Defence, Railways, Post and Telecom. in addition there is a pool of around 50 lakh existing pensioners. This group of personnel Can, by and large, offer greater maturity, experience and stability. With improved living conditions and the best of medical facilities most of these retiring Government employees would be capable of putting in a good 5-7 years of active service. Further, the financial requirements are by and large taken care of by the regular monthly pension payments of which arc also inflation indexed. What hurts is a sense of not being wanted anymore and the lack of a daily routine.
On the other hand Voluntary or other Organisations working towards building society may be looking for expertise, skill and maturity which cart be offered by these retired Government servants. The stake holders identified for the project are:-
b) Pensioners’ Association identified by the Department involved in pensioners welfare
a) Organisations involved in Social welfare projects
b) Government Departments having Social welfare schemes.
c) Indian institute of Corporate affairs for CSR activities.
d) Corporate — Public and Private with CSR funds.
With a view to provide a platform by the Government for exchange of information between these two sets of complimentary needs, an activity called SANKALP has been initiated through a web based portal (http://pensonersportal.gov.in/sankalp) wherein Pensioners, Pensioners Association and NGOs can registered and this Department acts as a facilitator and catalyst
In view of above Central Government Pensioners desirous of registering: under SANKALP may do so by logging in to http://www.pensionersportal.gov.in and selecting SANKALP. Pensioners are required to fill up the Registration Form online and send a self-certified copy of Pension Payment Order (PPO) alongwith the filled up Registration Form to:
Sh. Manoj Kumar, Under Secretary
Department of Pension and Pensioners Welfare
3rd Floor, Lok Nayak Bhawan, Khan Market, New Delhi-110003
A Facebook account of ‘SANKALP` has also been created as “doppw.sankalp- which you would like to visit and give us comments if any.
You are, therefore, requested to give due publicity to this project through your Periodical/ Newsletter, Journals and also by discussing with the group of pensioners as and when an opportunity to do so is there. In case you need any clarification the same may be had from Sh. Manoj Kumar, Under Secretary (Ph: 011-24641627)
(Tripti P. Ghosh)